The 6 places in Rome that you cannot miss
Italy is one of the most beautiful countries in the world that, without a doubt, encloses a halo of romanticism, mystery, and magic. Italy has a lot of destinations that have become, over time, the favorites of tourists from all over the world and also of those natives looking to relax or get away from their routines.
Rome is one of the cities that offers it all: art, modern constructions perfectly combined with those of colonial style or different types of typical architecture throughout history and many cultures. In Rome, there are attractions and activities for all tastes: ancient ruins such as the Colosseum, the Vatican, the Arch of Constantine, monuments, and museums, among others.
If you plan to travel to Rome, you should know that there is a wide variety of options so that you can enjoy every experience that the city offers you and, in addition to the above, you can get lost in its streets, visit local markets, admire squares and parks. You can even take a Food Tour of Rome, a fashionable and enjoyable experience for you to be inspired and get to know in depth this place’s customs, culture, and gastronomy.
Some Places of interest in Rome
Rome is known as the eternal city, one of the best places to accommodate hundreds of thousands of tourists who plan to visit each of its corners. Although there are many activities that you can do in Rome depending on your type or your travel plan (you can travel alone, with your friends or with your family), some of them could be more attractive.
- Colosseum: you can go back more than 2000 years by visiting this incredible construction. It is an iconic city monument known for being part of the world’s wonders. Although time has passed, the Colosseum remains with some architectural objects from those times.
- Arch of Constantine: this is one of the best-preserved buildings and is the last Arc de Triomphe to be built in the city. That was done to commemorate the victory of Constantine I in one of his battles, and this is impressive due to its size and height. If you want a typical postcard in Rome, this is the ideal place for you to do it.
· Food tour: depending on your preferences, you can enjoy the best food tour in Rome in Rome. You can enjoy in the Historic Center an essential variety of local foods such as pizza, pasta and Supplí, cheeses, wines, and coffee. Also, if you travel to Italy, you must try the artisan ice cream and discover a surprise dish.
While you get to know and enjoy gastronomy, you also get to know hidden and historical places in the city that are a true treasure.
You can also choose the Food Tour Rome option in the streets of Trastevere, a bohemian and modern neighborhood of the city that is ideal for you to interact with the people who live there and get to know street food and typical dishes, in addition to visiting its streets and discover the secrets of the place.
- Forum of Rome: this place will transport you to the Roman Empire’s time, which is why it is a place of great interest. That is a site full of ruins of temples and buildings where the city’s social life, business, and culture took place thousands of years ago.
- St. Peter’s Basilica: this place is typical if you travel to Rome because this place is the largest temple of the Catholic religion. Everything around it is beautiful and worth admiring because it is a place that has a lot of history.
- Fontana di Trevi: you cannot leave Rome without visiting the famous Fontana di Trevi, a construction with Neptune in the center and considered one of the most beautiful in the world.
- It depends on the time of the year you decide to travel, you can find many tourists, but you should be OK with visiting it because it is a unique experience.
Discover a little more
Rome is a city of considerable size that offers tourists many tourist spots, but if your trip is short, 4 or 5 days will be enough for you to visit the most important and popular sites.
It doesn’t matter which places you choose to visit. First, the sure thing is that you will be okay with knowing every corner and living all the experiences that this city offers you